Pages

2/16/2014

Valentine's mantel piece


Pickles and I stumbled upon this project
while making a Valentines window piece with contact paper.
One project morphed into another awesome project and I love the final result.



Materials:
Valentines-esque paper
Contact paper
Jute

Tools:
Scissors
Tape
Hole punch




The initial idea was contact paper on the window.
I cut out a bunch of heart shapes, give Nik some feathers
 and let him go to town.



I find that masking tape works great on glass for projects like this.
It peels smooth off of the glass and contact paper.



As always, we had an audience of one
waiting under foot for a random feather to fall. 
 





Pickles insisted we take a break from Valentines 
to make a cat toy for our friend.
We tied and taped a few feathers onto some jute
 and a cat-toy was born. 



After the cat break, we moved on.



The grouping and placement of Nik's hearts and feathers
made me think of a heart swag, wreath or draping mantle piece. 




The next day we did the same thing but on the table. 




I think Nik had pink heart overload.
He ran to his workbench grabbed a wrench and advised me this
project needed more banging. 



 I threw a similar size piece of contact paper 
over the finished products.
Sticky sides together.



I cut out hearts and groups
of hearts from the Contact paper.
I let Pickles operate the hole punch. 
We punched a hole into every heart and group of hearts.




He loved that part.
 




We strung the hearts through jute and attached the piece to the mantle. 





Awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment